As we head into this brand new year, there’s a good chance you’ve been thinking about the business goals you’d like to achieve. But if you’ve been struggling to narrow down a few goals that excite you and feel aligned with your bigger picture, you might be feeling a little frustrated with this process.
Don’t worry though because you aren’t alone in this! Luckily, I have put together a few prompts that will help you gain clarity on what you’d like to achieve in the year ahead. These questions will help you create your bigger vision for your business so you can identify areas to focus on.
(P.S. My favorite tool for mapping out my goals is the Cultivate What Matters PowerSheets planner.)
10 Prompts to Inspire Your Business Goals
The great thing about these prompts is that you can use them whenever you want. Bookmark this page and come back to it when you’re setting or revising business goals.
Big Picture Business Goals
First, let’s figure out the big picture goals that you have for your business. It’s important to fast forward a year from now and visualize where you’d like to be and how you want to feel.
- Where would you like your business to be by this time next year?
- What needs to happen in order to reach that goal? How can you break down that bigger goal into smaller, manageable tasks?
- Are there any limiting beliefs you need to let go of in order to achieve your business goals?
- In what ways can you step into the version of yourself who is a confident, successful business owner? What kind of person do you need to become in order to achieve your goals? Identify any habits that version of you has that you can adopt today.
- When you think about your dream business, how do you want it to make you feel? What can you do to evoke those feelings now?
Planning Your Offerings & Growth
Now, let’s focus on your offerings. The products and services you provide are instrumental to your overall success. So, what kind of business goals can you set around them?
- How can you show up and be of service to your audience in the year ahead? What types of free content should you create and what topics should you cover?
- Which products or services do you want to offer in the year ahead? This includes planning for new offerings and eliminating current offerings that no longer fit.
- How much money would you like to make per month? When setting business goals, it’s smart to have an income target so you can see how many clients you’d need to book and how many products you need to sell.
- Thinking about your plan for the year, when would you like to launch any new offerings? This will help you plan accordingly.
- What kind of audience growth would you like to see by this time next year? Think about this in terms of page views on your website, email subscribers, social media followers, etc. Then, determine how you’re going to hit your target.
Hopefully these prompts help inspire your business goals for the year ahead! As you answer these questions, visualize what your dream life looks like and identify ways you can start living as that version of yourself now. By embodying her energy today, you’ll be much more likely to manifest success into your life.