Every year, I set a goal for myself to read at least 24 books.
I know that goal is rather conservative for many of you. However, two books per month is really my ideal amount. It allows me to take my time with each book so I can really absorb and implement what I’m learning.
That’s especially important considering I primarily read a lot of personal development books. I’ll typically be reading about business, mindset, and the Law of Attraction. Those types of books really resonate with me.
And since many of you are likely looking for some good books to read in the year ahead, I thought I’d share a few from my reading list for 2021.
10 Books to Read in 2021
I’ve broken this list down into three main categories: personal growth, mindset, and business and productivity. This way, you can find your ideal books to read and add them to your Amazon shopping cart right away. Let’s dive in!
Personal Growth Books
Because I’m all about bettering myself, I had to seek out some personal growth books for this list. These books sound like they’ll be perfect for creating healthy habits, as well as stepping into that next level version of yourself.
- Badass Habits: Cultivate the Awareness, Boundaries, and Daily Upgrades You Need to Make Them Stick by Jen Sincero. I’ve read Jen Sincero’s other books in the past and I really enjoyed them. They’re easy reads, but provide that swift kick of motivation you need to start taking action. Because one of my goals this year is to be more intentional with my time and cultivate empowering everyday habits, I had to pick this as one of my books to read.
- Breaking the Habit of Being Yourself: How to Lose Your Mind and Create a New One by Dr. Joe Dispenza. This book combines quantum physics, neuroscience, brain chemistry, biology, and genetics, designed to help you create massive shifts in your life. After all, you are in charge of creating your reality. It comes highly recommended, so I can’t wait to dive in.
- Spirit Hacking by Shaman Durek. It’s safe to say this book is probably unlike anything I’ve read before. However, I’ve seen some others rave about it. It’s all about stepping into your personal power and accessing a place of empowerment. Very intrigued!
- Discover Your Dharma: A Vedic Guide to Finding Your Purpose by Sahara Rose. If you want to be guided through a journey that leads you to a life of happiness, abundance, joyful service, and fulfillment, then you’ll want to check this book out. It’s all about helping you discover and pursue your purpose in life.
Cultivating the right mindset is going to be key in helping you succeed in both your personal life and business. To help me cultivate a positive mindset for this year and the future, these are my chosen books to read.
- Your Subconscious Brain Can Change Your Life by Dr. Mike Dow. Ever since I did my certification in Neuro-Linguistic Programming, I’ve become even more interested in learning about the subconscious mind. This read seems perfect for that since it teaches you how to speak directly to your subconscious to reach your goals and much more.
- A Happy Pocket Full of Money: Infinite Wealth and Abundance in the Here and Now by David Cameron Gikandi. If you are ready to to attract endless abundance into your life, this book is a must. It dives deep into wealth consciousness and how to step into this state for yourself. Full disclaimer, this was the first of my books to read in 2021 because I actually started it last year and wanted to finish it before moving onto another. So, this is my first completed book of the year. I’m glad I read it first though because it has really shifted things for me.
- Rich as Fuck: More Money Than You Know What to Do With by Amanda Frances. Fun fact for you! I have followed Amanda Frances for a very long time now. In fact, I discovered her before I ever started coaching myself. When her book became publicly available, I downloaded it immediately. And it is patiently waiting to be read. If you’re looking for another money mindset book, add this one to your list too. I know it’s going to be great!
And finally, I had to choose some business-related options for my list of books to read. When you have a business, it’s important that you expand your knowledge about business in general, as well as things like marketing.
- Fascinate: How to Make Your Brand Impossible to Resist by Sally Hogshead. You want people to fall in love with your brand, right? Well, you may want to join me in reading this book! It’s all about the science of fascination and how you can build revenue and attract raving fans.
- The Choice Factory: 25 Behavioral Biases That Influence What We Buy by Richard Shotton. I can’t remember who recommended this book, but it sounds like such an interesting read. As a business owner, it’s helpful to learn more about the thought process behind what sparks people to make a purchase. After all, it could help you drive more sales! And if that’s your goal for 2021, you might want to check this one out too.
- Atomic Habits: An Easy & Proven Way to Build Good Habits & Break Bad Ones by James Clear. While this book isn’t exactly about business, I think it’ll still be a great option for business owners to read. It talks about making time for new habits, overcoming a lack of motivation and willpower, designing your environment to make success easier, and more.
P.S. This post contains affiliate links, which means I will make a commission should you purchase one of these books through me. It doesn’t cost you anything to click my affiliate links. Nor are you charged more if you shop through my links. Think of it as an easy way to support my business, which I’m grateful for!